Friday, December 14, 2012

I Cry


I Cry
-This poem was written on Wednesday- November 21, 2012. 6:25 p.m.-

I cry because I am happy and I cry because I am sad.
I cry for the bright future that’s ahead of me.
I cry because of the bitter fights I have had.
I cry because there’s healing,
I cry because there’s pain.
I cry for the past of mistakes I’ve let go.
I cry for the failures I will gain.
A life that’s full of emotion, in a world filling the image of “perfection” in our souls.
I cry.
I cry. I cry. I cry.
Tears have become my best friend.
They’re too familiar with this face.
Sharing legends with their seeds seed in preparation for taking their valued place.
I’ve become angry with my tears because they can be so strong!
Too strong to hold back.
Yet, how I love them.
For they console me in my loneliest and lowest time,
When everyone else has walked away.
How it knows my true heart,
How it hurts, how it breaks.
They know what my weaknesses are
And the weight that my shoulders take.
No one will ever know but my tears.
So—I cry.
I cry. I cry. I cry.
The tears know what my happiness is.
They know what makes my heart soar.
They know how my faith and hope keep me craving for life, more and more.
They know my peace.
They’ve witnessed my grace!
My tears have shown themselves proud in a victory disguised as a defeat.
My tears stand by me, never to be ashamed of their long-standing term.
My tears are loyal to me.
So yes---I cry.
I’ve cried. I cry. I’ll cry.

xoxo,
@BMynroe
RaChelle-Denise McKinney 

No comments:

Post a Comment