Monday, December 2, 2013

No Promises


No Promises

My eyes open and I realize it’s another day of life.
The question is
Am I going to live it or do I watch it pass me by?
My feet have not touched the ground,
Yet 
I've been brought to Earth in a harsh and short period of time.
This is why I obsess to and prefer to sleep; in order to avoid these thoughts of mine.
I take a deep breath as I hold the pillow tightly; I sink deeper under the covers.
Oh, how I wish I could assign the endurance of this life to another.
But,
It’s been given to me
And
Me alone.
I am assigned to live this life fully, refusing to become just another clone.
The price of this is to walk along with the voices of
Past, present and future;
Still loud in my head,
To ignore them
As I continue to take steps ahead.
Another day is another chance.
I can’t make any promises,
But I’ll do the best that I can.

-@BMynroe
(RaChelle-Denise McKinney)



No comments:

Post a Comment